Wednesday 6 December 2017

Today Reminder (Man) – 6 December 2017



A reminder for today
While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being. Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. (Psalm 146:1-4)

Do not put your trust in man. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard those words and still we will trust man. I find myself in a tough test as we received our bonus letter yesterday and because we did not make our underpins our bonusses are basically nothing. I have worked for this company for many years, but this is the first year this happens. We have been bought over by a huge conglomerate and to them we are just numbers. Therefore, I find myself in a massive financial test as this month brought forth a number of unforeseen expenses that basically left us with almost nothing. I trusted that the “man” and now I am very sorry I did. 

What does the Lord say about trusting Him? How blessed and graciously favored is he whose help is the God of Jacob (Israel), Whose hope is in the Lord his God, Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them, Who keeps truth and is faithful forever, Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets free the prisoners. The Lord opens the eyes of the blind; The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; The Lord loves the righteous [the upright in heart]. The Lord protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow; But He makes crooked the way of the wicked.

How blessed are those whose trust is in the Lord our God, the creator of heaven and earth. How blessed are they for He keeps the truth and He is always faithful. He protects us and blesses us with the wonders of His works and His love. We have enough to eat and enough to carry us through the day. We will never be disappointed for His grace alone is enough.

Lord, give us wisdom in the use of our finances so that we will stand through these trials and remain standing even when we are exhausted. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...