Thursday 4 April 2013

Today Reminder - 04 April 2013 (Pillars)



A reminder for today
Then Samson prayed to the LORD, "Sovereign LORD, remember me again. O God, please strengthen me just one more time. With one blow let me pay back the Philistines for the loss of my two eyes." Then Samson put his hands on the two center pillars that held up the temple. Pushing against them with both hands, he prayed, "Let me die with the Philistines." And the temple crashed down on the Philistine rulers and all the people. So he killed more people when he died than he had during his entire lifetime. (Judges 16:28-30)

I just love these words: “Sovereign LORD, remember me again” Samson was defeated by the nagging of Delilah and finally gave up his secret and ended up captured by the Philistines. Do you allow circumstances do get you down and finally accept defeat when you can no longer keep your head above water?

When Samson was finally captured he was taken to this temple were the Philistines celebrated their victory over him. Samson returned to God and basically asked for forgiveness and a second chance to redeem himself by giving his life to destroy their enemy.

How much does it take to defeat you?

My dear friend, when God designed you he did not think of you as someone that will lose or give up. No! God knew that He is with you and that means that you will be able to break the pillars of circumstances and destroy the challenges that threaten to bring you down. You have been made a champion in Jesus Christ and this means that you are stronger than you think and you are able to withstand the worst of storms. Do not let the enemy fool you in thinking that you have reached the end of the line. You have what it takes to see this through. Come with me today as we ask: Sovereign LORD, remember me again. O God, please strengthen me just one more time.  

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...