Tuesday 9 April 2013

Today Reminder - 10 April 2013 (Friends)



A reminder for today
But Ruth replied, "Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. (Ruth 1:16)

I am jumping back a chapter today, but this verse came to mind when I was thinking of today’s reminder. Ruth refused to let Naomi go back on her own. This decision by Ruth established a bond that redeemed both Ruth and Naomi, because out of Ruth’s descendants is David and out of David’s descendants is Jesus. 

Can you see the how bad circumstances took them on a path that God planned? And this was just the beginning to one of the greatest moments in history – the birth of Christ.

But what I want to get back to is true friendship and true fellowship. The bond between Naomi and Ruth is one that we can use as a guide to look at real love and real companionship as friendship. How are you with your friends? Is your bond strong enough to withstand unexpected change and still stand next to your friend when his/her world comes crumbling down.

My dear friend, in this life friendship is so important and true friendship in this sense even more so. Your friendship should be able to accept criticism and withstand bad influences. You should be able to share all and everything and still be able to carry your friend on your hands. Friendship is to continue even when all change. It is in our bad times that good friends become precious stones – priceless and irreplaceable.

Be a true friend through good and bad and stand together holding each other up even when it seems impossible. Giving of yourself in friendship is a stepping stone in understanding your friendship with Jesus Christ.

You are my friend, and in that you are unbelievably valuable to me.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...