Sunday 14 April 2013

Today Reminder - 15 April 2013 (Praying)



A reminder for today
As she was praying to the LORD, Eli watched her. Seeing her lips moving but hearing no sound, he thought she had been drinking. "Must you come here drunk?" he demanded. "Throw away your wine!" “Oh no, sir!" she replied. "I haven't been drinking wine or anything stronger. But I am very discouraged, and I was pouring out my heart to the LORD. Don't think I am a wicked woman! For I have been praying out of great anguish and sorrow." (1 Samuel 1:12-16)

Hannah’s prayer is something we all could relate too from time to time. There is that moment when you just pour out your heart to the Lord in prayer in such a way that you could feel His arms around you holding you tightly. It is when we move past our own borders and open our hearts completely and just pour out our pain in His hands.

Hannah prayed so deeply that her lips moved as she was just opening her heart. For I have been praying out of great anguish and sorrow. Her words to Eli is so clear of her feelings at that moment that he looked at her seeing in her eyes the connection she had made with the Lord. "In that case," Eli said, "go in peace! May the God of Israel grant the request you have asked of him."

My dear friend, HHHhhhhhhh   jmikljljannah’s prayer is not supposed to be a once off thing. I believe all our prayers should be completely open and focussed on the Lord. I think that every time we spend time with the Lord in prayer it should be special and open and nothing should hold us back in desiring a childlike relationship with the Lord.

Then he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 18:3-4)

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...