Friday 5 April 2013

Today Reminder - 05 April 2013 (Joy)



A reminder for today
After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on Him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy." (Matthew 3:16-17)

This specific scripture has been in my head all day. As we come to the end of this week after the privilege of celebrating Easter again, I can’t help to think of the wonderful gift we have in Jesus Christ. Don’t you just love God’s words: "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy." 

Jesus did so many wonderful things in His time here as one of us, but most astonishing of all is His way of life. He did not own much. He was a carpenter and had no property on His name. He lived each day with only the bare necessities and travelled from town to town teaching people and above all, He lived a perfect sin free life even though the enemy tempted Him with many wonderful promises.

Jesus is such an awesome example and yet a difficult one to follow. His loving way and unbreakable faith is unmatched and even at His end He was completely faithful.

My dear friend, Jesus came and prepared the way for you. He defeated sin so that you can also live a life that will result in eternity with Jesus, a life free from the burden of sin and the constant accusations of the enemy. A life that is worth living for. Come with me today as we realign ourselves with Jesus as we strive to live as He did and walk in faith as He did so that we can live completely and holy. I can already hear the Father say: "This is my dearly loved son/daughter, who brings me great joy."
 
You bring great joy to our heavenly Father. Don’t let the enemy convince you otherwise.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...