Wednesday 17 April 2013

Today Reminder - 17 April 2013 (Faith)



A reminder for today
And she made this vow: "O LORD of Heaven's Armies, if you will look upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, then I will give him back to you. He will be yours for his entire lifetime, and as a sign that he has been dedicated to the LORD, his hair will never be cut." (1 Samuel 1:11)

I am still stuck on Hannah’s prayer. This is such a powerful example of praying in faith that we have to look at one more thing. Hannah prays for a son and promises God to let him dedicate his life for God. Have you ever looked at prayer in this way? Have you ever prayed to God for help and in return promise to use whatever it is for His glory? 

I think Hannah is an awesome example of praying in faith and keeping her promise to God. I asked the LORD to give me this boy, and he has granted my request. Now I am giving him to the LORD, and he will belong to the LORD his whole life." And they worshiped the LORD there. (Verse 27-28)

In our lives we can so easily be side-tracked and forget about our promise. For example, if we ask the Lord for a car with the promise that we will dedicate it to Him and when we finally receive it, we become a maniac on the roads. Then there is our need versus God’s plan. We can so easily get angry at God when we do not receive what we prayed for, yet in our faithlessness we are either selfish or impatient or we do not listen to God’s voice and accept His plan with our lives. God will always seek only the best for us and when we receive or not receive, He has a purpose with whatever is happening in our lives so that in the end God will be glorified. 

We forget that God will allow circumstances in our lives to teach us about Him. It is just us that will reject His love and instead of moving closer to Him we push Him away. Praying in faith is so important. I believe most of us are unaware of the power that lies in prayer and the privilege we have to be able to pray to God at any time.

My dear friend, Jesus said: "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! (John 14) 

Let’s change the way we pray by dedicating it to God and seeking His glory and praying in faith. Return to God and place your trust in Him and allow God to change your circumstances in His time and for His glory.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...