Tuesday 3 June 2014

Today Reminder – 03 June 2014 (Day 02 – Stand up)



A reminder for today
Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil. (Psalm 119:133)

I woke up this morning with a tired feeling. I don’t know if you have ever felt that no matter how hard you try things just don’t seem to get to a point where they are normal. I must admit I’ll even settle for just ok, yet the more we try and the more we change the less it seems to work. I looked at my income versus my expenses and I must admit it was a horror movie at best. Life seems so demanding all by itself that when we are burdened with emotional issues we are moving closer to that edge where things become unbearable. I got this picture in my head of someone crossing a desert with the hope of finding water over the next sand dune just to get to the top and to see another dune. How many dunes will we climb before fatigue takes over and we become emotionless beings waiting for the end to come? 

Standing on top of my dune today looking at all the dunes around me with no sign of water (relief) I realised that I am looking in the wrong direction. When I look ahead I see only dry sand with imminent death as a result and I do not see the clouds forming above my head with the promise of rain. When we look at life, and the burdens that lie so heavily upon us, we miss the hand of God that hangs over us. When we focus on the world we will never reach a place free from fear. Do not look at the dunes and the dark that lies in the distance, but stand up and look up at the God that is sending you the help you need. Look up at the saviour that gave His life and see His hand coming to rescue you. 

Lord don’t let us lose faith, but instead guide our steps by your Word, so that we will not be overcome by evil.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...