Thursday 12 June 2014

Today Reminder – 12 June 2014 (Day 09 – Stand up)



A reminder for today
As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. (Psalm 138:3)

I looked at my son yesterday and I realised how much of me is in him. I see the mistakes he makes and the way he is angered by little things and I see these errors in myself. It made me see how quickly our children become like us and they take on our habits and how easily they learn the wrongs and how hard it is to do the rights. This is quite an eye opener, because if we stand each day to live a life that resembles Jesus Christ, then why is it so much easier for those close to us (never mind those we meet daily) to see the wrongs we do and duplicate it?

I guess it comes down to the fact that we are embarrassed to live like Jesus and to show Him to everyone around us. It is easier for us to do the wrong thing and say the wrong thing than it is to reflect Jesus. We are supposed to be a mirror image of Him yet at times I think I mirror the enemy and not Jesus. It all boils down to how we stand up after we have fallen. Do we stand up to change and do it correct or do we stand up and just carry on where we left off? 

When we fall and we return to the house of the Lord seeking Him there should be a new transformation that changes our old self and steers us into a new direction following the ways of our Lord. “Look how far you have fallen! Turn back to me and do the works you did at first. If you don't repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches.” (Revelation 2:5)

Let us stand up today and allow the Lord to encourage us by giving us strength to do the right things and follow His ways. Let us mirror Him in all we say and do.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...