Friday 27 June 2014

Today Reminder – 27 June 2014 (Day 20 – Stand up)



A reminder for today
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. (Psalm 143:10)

The Lord surely knows what we need and when we need it. It was my son’s birthday yesterday and as I was running my morning run I thought about our significance in life. We are embarrassed by our mistakes because we sometimes do not allow ourselves the gap of being not perfect. I was thinking of my work and how we always seek acceptance and rewards for the things we do. We like to be applauded and recognised for our achievements. How simple minded are we at times? I believe that all I do and all I am capable to do is because of the grace God gives me. When we start to look at what we do from this perspective we soon realise that our viewpoints about life is a little crooked.

We suddenly understand that the mistakes we make are there for our benefit and the falls we live through are there to strengthen us. I do believe that my mistakes are there not only to teach me the right ways but to keep me humble so that I can and will always look to God for my guidance. 

To conclude my stand up for today – let us start each day with these words: Lord, teach me to do your will for you are my God. May your wonderful Spirit lead me each day with a firm footing in my Jesus foundation. Let each step I take glorify you and may even my mistakes highlight your presence in my life. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...