Wednesday 25 June 2014

Today Reminder – 25 June 2014 (Day 18 – Stand up)



A reminder for today
Bring me out of prison so I can thank you. The godly will crowd around me, for you are good to me. (Psalm 142:7)

I have this image of a person in a prison made out of all the hardship and misery that life can hold. This person is locked behind the bars of problems as he or she is unable to get out. It almost seems as if he or she is so used to this that they have become accustomed to the prison life and has accepted it as the way it is.

My friend life should not imprison us. We should not be chained and caged by the problems we face. Life is all about living and living for Jesus. Yes times are hard and we are living in a very demanding time. The demands that life grips us with is only as big as our fear. If we allow misery and hardship to take the place of Jesus then we have accepted our prison term and we are destined to a life behind bars.

Jesus is freedom and in that I mean you can actually be imprisoned and you will still feel free. It is not a freedom that we can see but a freedom that we feel. Jesus comes and takes away the worries that life gives by providing us with the solution that is Him. With Him comes content and a desire for Him and not for worldly material things. 

When you accepted Jesus it does not mean that the issues in life will suddenly disappear, no my friend, in fact they will increase, because the enemy does not want you to go to heaven. Challenges you will still have, but the way these challenges affects you will be different. You will know that in the end all of this is temporary and all that we face is only for a short time. It will all disappear when Jesus returns and then my friend, then we will live with Him in heaven away from all the hardship we had. Then your investment in heaven will surely pay of and you will live in the house of the LORD forever.

"If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.” (John 15:18-19)

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...