Monday 30 June 2014

Today Reminder – 30 June 2014 (Day 22 – Stand up)



A reminder for today
O LORD, I am calling to you. Please hurry! Listen when I cry to you for help! Accept my prayer as incense offered to you, and my upraised hands as an evening offering. (Psalm 141:1-2)

This is my last post on our June theme “Stand up”. U guess life to us is as much a blessing as it is a challenge. Every day we live with all the wondrous blessings the Lord pours into our lives and at the same time we face daily challenges as a relentless enemy tries to counter God’s blessings with pain and fear. I thought on how to end a month where my primary focus was to redirect your focus back to God and motivate you to Rise up and beyond your challenges as you call onto God with trust and faith. It is not an easy one to end and I must admit that I too need motivation on a daily basis.

Life can be so tough at times and some days we just want to fall down and give up. Everyone gets to a point where it is just enough and we just can’t give anymore. It is in these times when you feel the very strength sucked out of you by the hardships and pain life throws at you. It is in these times where we fear and worry and we have no idea how it all will get back together again. We feel lost and powerless….

I would like to remind you of a man I know. He said: That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)  

Don let the enemy fool you my dear friend. Look up as I pray that the Lord will miniaturise your problems and lift you up high above them safely in His hands. Look up and look ahead, my friend, for it is not about now. It is about where we are heading for.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...