Friday 13 June 2014

Today Reminder – 13 June 2014 (Day 10 – Stand up)



A reminder for today

A Psalm for you

Hear me my Lord as I call on your name. I have fallen and the darkness of my enemies overwhelms me. I stare into the darkness for the sun has been blackened out by the troubles that surround me. A tiny glimmer of my light remains as I sink deeper into the mud and mire of life. I look up at the heavens and there is no moon and no way for me to find my way. I feel lost and cold as the rain starts. The heavy blows of a cold winter rain slams into my skin sending chilling tremors through my entire body.

I feel defeated as the laughs of my enemy fill my ears. Shrieking shouts of joy hammers down on me as they laugh and dance at my fall. My hands slowly drop to my side as I close my eyes engulfed by my weakness. Deep within me a voice starts to sing. It is a soft song that starts to fill me slowly from inside. I open my eyes to find myself standing on a cloud. I am still surrounded by a deafening darkness yet from within me a light starts to burn. I feel my strength returning as my body warms up against the icy rain. 

The light starts to burn and warms up my whole being so that I am surrounded by light. The laughs of my enemy bounce of my newly formed layer of light and the cold rain disappears against the heat that rises from within me. I look up again to see a light breaking the darkness and my cloud starts to drift upwards. I am floating up and away from the laughs and the cold to the light that seems to call me. 

I suddenly realise that the cloud beneath my feet is a hand that picked me up and is now taking me away from all that was trying to destroy me. I am safely lifted up and away from the dark and into the light. A new feeling of peace fills me and I am suddenly overwhelmed by an enormous amount of love. I look around to see where He is only to hear His voice beside me. “I am here right beside you, where I have always been.”

Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me. (Psalm 138:7)

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...