Tuesday 10 June 2014

Today Reminder – 10 June 2014 (Day 07 – Stand up)



A reminder for today
Unless the LORD builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the LORD protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good. (Psalm 127:1)

As the week kicks off with a bang and I realise how much work we have I just knew that this is a week where we will have to stand up and face the winters of life. Too add on to all of this the flu virus seems to have made himself quite nicely at home. When I read these verses today I thought about my body and how it is struggling to defeat the flu virus. I know why, it is because I just refuse to take a break and rest for a moment. 

I am thinking of how we lose our battles because we forget that prayer should be our first option before we go out and battle our challenges. If we do not go before God with all our problems and seek His guidance and direction, we might as well accept defeat. If God is not first in every choice we make why do we go to Him when we have failed? It is like doing something stupid and then seeking advice on how to do it right. 

When we stand up after we have failed and we did not seek God then we will fail again. If God does not build the house, you are wasting your time with it. If it is not God’s plan and His will you might as well stop trying. This is probably the biggest mistake we all do. Instead of asking God for guidance and advice we tend to tell God what He must do so that we will have our way. It is not about you or me, it is all about God and therefore I put Him first in all I do and in all I am. I will praise His name when I am victorious, and when I fall, because He is first. It is not about me, it is all about Him and with Him I am victorious even in defeat.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...