Thursday 15 September 2016

Today Reminder – 15 September 2016



A reminder for today
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

Who am I? This can be an interesting question, since the people here at my work thinks I have multiple personalities. You see there is Koos, he is the worker personality and keeps up appearances. Then there is Gert, apparently he is the trouble maker and the moody one. The there is Kurt, he is the singer and the loving one. Then there is Brat, he is the tough one and takes no nonsense. Then I also have Jan, he is the down to earth guy that likes to movie. These are the apparent ones and yes all fictional, because in all my moods it is still just me. Life is a personality changer. Circumstances can easily dictate what we say and do in a day. When we are stressed we are a little edgy and when we are tired we can be very agitated. So surely life is a personality changer.

In the end we life in the earthly body that is a temporary vessel until we get our heavenly bodies. When Jesus moves into your life, your old self dies and it is no longer you, but Jesus that lives in you. So all my personalities die the moment Jesus enters and I become more like Him as He dwells in me. So my empty earthly shell now becomes a holy place where the Lord stays.

So today I just want you to relax a little. Let the Lord fill your earthly vessel and let He shower you with peace and tranquility. Let the Lord take the challenges of today and turn them into small little bumps on your path towards heaven. Remember that He gave His life for you so you can trust in Him.

Lord, I am no longer the person I was, but I open my self to you so that you can fill me with you. This world no longer dictate who I am, but you are now the measure by which I live. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...