Friday 16 September 2016

Today Reminder – 16 September 2016



A reminder for today
How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? (Galatians 3:3)

It is Friday and I want to say “Again”. Gosh time is flying by at the moment and the weeks seem to be getting shorter and shorter. The end of this year is very close. I used to be a teacher before I became a programmer. I was a grade 6 educator and I must admit I miss being a teacher. In my six years as a teacher I had the opportunity to teach some of the most wonderful kids. Each one in their own way were truly special and they felt like family. From time to time I see them and it is amazing how they have grown up. 

When we start our lives as Christians we almost go back being a child again. We have to empty our minds with what we have known and fill it with what we now learn through the Holy Spirit. Jesus said it so nicely in Matthew 18: "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. “

There is much we as adults can learn from children. There are just three things I want you to take with you today when you become a little bit like a child again.

    Be humble like a child.
2       Have unconditional faith like a child.
3       Be fearless like a child.

So today I want you to have an awesome day. I want you to be filled with happiness and I want you to be you. I want you to be free and just live today as if there is no tomorrow. Love, smile, share and enjoy this day for it is a gift and a blessing.

Lord, today I bring before you all those who are reading you blog and I pray that you will bless them and fill them with joy. I pray that they will have an awesome day and you will hold them and keep them safe in your hands. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...