Tuesday 6 September 2016

Today Reminder – 6 September 2016



A reminder for today
I lie in the dust; revive me by your word. (Psalm 119:25)

I took my kids to the wimpy the other day. Wimpy is a restaurant much like McDonald's. We love their chocolate milkshakes and so we stopped by for one. Our waitress was friendly and remembered us from a previous visit. Her name was “Perfect”. Now here in South Africa the black people love to give their children a meaningful name. I remember it well from my days as a teacher. There were Blessing, Precious, Gift, Welcome and Praise. Each one named after an experience their parents felt while they were born. Our waitress’s name got me thinking for a moment. If you think about it we are all named “Perfect”, because we are all created by a perfect God. In all our flaws and issues we are still perfect. I also thought how amazing that is, because there is power in what we speak over other. So if I call you perfect or blessing or precious or gift, it will reflect in your life. What we say over other will impact their lives. 

So today I want you to revive this world by the Word of God. Speak live and joy over other. Call them perfect if you have to but say only uplifting words of them and you will see God at work like never before. There is power in His word and as He comes to lift us up from the dust let us speak life and live as if life is pouring out of us into this world.

Lord, let us speak life and be uplifting to all those around us today. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...