Monday 26 September 2016

Today Reminder – 26 September 2016



A reminder for today
Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct. (Galatians 6:4-5)

Work is really scarce here in South Africa and if you have one you are fortunate. There are so many that walk the streets and stand begging at our robots. If you visit a township and you see the poverty there it really opens your eyes. We went to help the Zama Zama community on Friday to paint a room at the school where they want to make a baby room. This is an informal settlement and it is severe poverty that you see when you enter this township. Watching those kids play and laugh really touched my heart again and I was taken back to my days as a teacher. I remembered how gratifying teaching is. 

I went home on Friday with an immensely grateful heart for we have so much in comparison to other. I came in to work yesterday to catch up on some stuff that I wanted to complete and I realized how blessed I am to have a good job. My dad always said that hard work rewards you and we should look at work and do it to please God. It is God that gave us our talents to be able to do our jobs and we should do our best all the time. If you give it your all and you do your best you will never need to compare yourself to other. Each one of us is responsible for his own work and you should do it with pride.

So today I want you to work with pride and to do your best all the time. Be grateful for what you have and thank God for the blessings in your life. We do not need much to live and succeed so live with contempt with what you have and honor God with what you do.

Lord, today I bring our work to you and I pray that you bless us in what we do so that we will glorify you in it. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...