Thursday 20 September 2018

Today Reminder (Never) – 20 September 2018


A reminder for today
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. (Hebrews 13:5-6)

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Consistency is something I always find lacking and I myself are guilty of inconsistency at times. But our Lord is always the same. The Jesus we know in the Bible is the Jesus we see in our lives and is the Jesus we will meet in the end. This remarkable consistency is a huge reason why our religion is so great, but it is also a massive reminder to those who oppose our Lord that the final judgement is inevitable and very real. 

You have got to love these verses. Paul says that we should be without covetousness and be content with what we have. I see it daily how people are always talking about money and how they can make more money. It has taken me a long time to reach this point where I am content and all I need is Jesus, because Paul goes further and reminds us that Jesus said He will never leave us, nor will He ever forsake us. Now, knowing the consistency of our Lord we have a strong promise in these words that we should not just know but also remember each day. He is with is, always. 

What is the result of this? So, that we can boldly, and I might add, courageously, say that the Lord our God is our helper and we will not (never) fear what any man can or will do to us. These are big words and I often think about the Christians that are murdered or tortured and I think that in these moments we get really close to God. It is in these moments that we see how real the enemy is and how his hatred devours and destroys.  

These words are the drive force that pulls us trough these moments and through the hardships we encounter on our journey towards the end. It encourages us it aligns us with His will and His protection, because our mortal bodies can die but our souls are saved by His grace and mercy. The final judgement is way more harsher than anything we will encounter on earth. 

So, today I am reminded that my God is consistent, and I remain content with what I have and I will not fear what any man can do to me. My God is greater than the enemy and all his so-called power. He is the King of glory and the King above all kings. He is my God and He is my creator. To Him all the glory, now and forever. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...