Tuesday 11 September 2018

Today Reminder (My Shield) – 11 September 2018


A reminder for today
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. (Psalm 28:7)

Today is a day of remembrance for my friends in the US as we recall the events of 9/11 and the people who lost their lives. All over the world we see disaster and pain and suffering and just as we remember the lives lost in that terrible event we also remember those who lost their lives for being Christian. Currently the Chinese officials are clamping down on Christians in China and I can just imagine how these Christians must feel, because we are also under constant concern for our lives here.

So, my message today is to all of us facing danger or remembering loss or going through hard times or facing tough challenges. The Lord my (our) God is my strength and my shield. My heart (my whole being) trust Him and I am helped. Because of this I rejoice with song and praise. I rejoice in pain and in suffering and I rejoice in hardship and loss. I rejoice in trouble and I rejoice in darkness for my God is the creator of heaven and earth.

I will not fear what lies ahead nor will I worry about the dangers ahead. I will trust my God and I will follow His voice. I will worship Him in the good times and in the bad. My strength flows from His strength and He shields me against the arrows of the enemy. Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will still fear nothing for my God is with me.

He shields me against attacks and He shields me against the lies of the enemy. He fills my cup and He strengthens my body. I will walk and rejoice even in my weaknesses, because when I am weak, I am strong. I will not stand back, but instead will I fight forward and carry the gospel with me. With my God all things are possible, so I will change my perspective from a worldly one to a Godly one, because the minute we look at our troubles and challenges from God’s perspective we soon realise that our God is far greater than any of them and far greater than everything the enemy can come up with.

Our God is an awesome God.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...