Friday 28 September 2018

Today Reminder (Broken) – 28 September 2018

A reminder for today
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. (1 John 1:9-10)

When you start talking to people about your problems and your mistakes you soon realise that there is a lot more broken vessels out there than you and that you are not so special after all. I think my biggest problem was that I assumed that I am the only one and that my sin is the worst ever, until you start to speak to other people. The one thing I pick up very quickly is that these other broken vessels are just as dependant on God as I am now. The one thing we all understand is the gift that we have received in His grace and salvation and how precious forgiveness is.

I am a convicted sinner and I have received forgiveness from a God that loves me so much that He will look past my mistakes and pick me up and carry me through the fires that burn around me. The one thing I find annoying is that those who judge, you know those who deem to be sin free or only do small sins that does not really count, they are the ones that does not understand if you break one law it is as good as breaking them all. The punishment is the same. 

When you realise that God has forgiven you and you are a new person all together, your whole perspective changes, because you know how precious this gift is. You know what had to happen for you to receive this gift and your values suddenly take a whole new direction.

Now this is one thing many miss. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:8). In Romans 3:10 we read that no one is righteous, no not even one. Yet so many think they are and so many of us judge and do not forgive when Jesus said it so clearly in Matthew 6: For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

The fact remains that there are many broken vessels out there, but you are not alone, and our Lord God will forgive you just as He has forgiven me, and He will renew you and restore you and He will fill your heart with joy. There is not greater gift than forgiveness and receiving forgiveness. Jesus Christ is the only way and the only way to a new you. It is by far the best makeover you can ever experience. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...