Friday 14 September 2018

Today Reminder (Fail) – 14 September 2018


A reminder for today
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. (Psalm 73:26)

I am a huge fan of David ad I often think of the battle between him and Goliath. How do we approach our battles (challenges)? You see David walked onto that battle field knowing who God is and how many times God has delivered him from danger in the past. He looked at Goliath and he did not see the giant everyone feared. He saw a mere man blaspheming his God and mocking the creator of heaven and earth. He was not afraid because he knew God is far greater than any challenge we could ever face. 

I find myself in a number of challenges and I tell you I often feel that I just do not have the strength to keep fighting. Then I think about David and how God delivered the enemy into his hands and directed his stone so that he could defeat the giant. How many giants are there in your day and how do you face them?

Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

David said that he came in the name of the Lord and he made it clear that God will deliver the enemy into his hands. So, today I remind you that when you look at those challenges and difficulties that lies ahead, say to them that you come in the name of the Lord of hosts and they will not defeat you nor will they hinder your path. 

Set you sights on the goal and do not be afraid, because there is an almighty God with you. Stand strong and stay the course. Stand firm in your faith and trust God. The flesh may fail, but God is my strength. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...