Monday 3 September 2018

Today Reminder (Refuge) – 3 September 2018


A reminder for today
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)

It is September which marks the beginning of spring in South Africa. The weather is much warmer and everywhere flowers start to bloom. As soon as the rain comes you will see a huge transformation as all the plants celebrate the end of winter and then it will start to get much warmer. How was you weekend? Mine was short. I really think weekends should be three days (haha). 

The enemy is constantly trying his best to destroy lives and relationships. I see it so often around me and sometimes I feel a little helpless against the relentless destruction that follows the path of the enemy. I felt close to being defeated this weekend and I must admit that the enemy is focussed on me the last month. I can feel how his attacks are getting more and more intense and I am struggling.

So, today I am reminded that God is my refuge and He is my strength. He is a present help in trouble. Now, at this moment I need a refuge and I am is desperate need of strength. I need help in my present trouble. 

What did I do? I went down on my knees like so many nights before and I prayed. I took all of these challenges and worries, and I gave it to God. I asked or rather I am begging for strength and help. I need strength for my weakness and help for my burden. I need a guide through this storm and I need help to keep fighting.

So, the Lord spoke quite clearly to me through the Holy Spirit as He reminded me of my purposes and my responsibilities. He reminded me that I should not give up, because in prayer there is a lot of strength and power. Therefore, I trust the Lord for victory in my current battles and redemption for my brokenness. 

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. He is my hope in my battles and my anchor in the storm. You are my saviour, my refuge, my maker, my helper, my healer, my redeemer, my answer, my saving grace and my hiding place. You are my rock and my salvation. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...