Wednesday 19 September 2018

Today Reminder (Tomorrow) – 19 September 2018

A reminder for today
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matthew 6:34)

We are working to get our system in the cloud and each day seems to bring more new challenges forward. It is frustrating at times as it is exciting and to tell you the truth some days I am worried that we will not get it all done. Our major challenges are basically speed issues and runtime related problems thanks to our supplier. Just when you think all is well they seem to add a little challenge unawares. What can I say – joy!

This is one of those verses. Jip, every time this one pops into memory I am confronted with faith issues. You see, Jesus made it clear that we should not worry about tomorrow, because today has enough challenges. He reminds me today that I am often a worrier instead of a warrior. I work hard to set a faith filled, God dependant example for my kids but if I worry, do I set the right example?

I know it is nature for us westerners to worry about tomorrow and the days ahead, but is that the Christian way? If you think about it, we are all chasing money and earthly stuff all our lives and we often miss the point. Soon money and material needs take the place of our Lord and we return to the empty shell we once were.

So, today I want to remind you that you should not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will take care of itself. Worry about now and how you live and react now. This means that you should not leave that “I am sorry” for tomorrow or that “I love you”, say them now and fight the enemy now. 

Work to finish it now and get the stuff you are busy with done now. Do not say tomorrow is another day, because tomorrow is not in our hands. Today is a blessing and a gift, use it to the fullest and live a life that echoes Jesus in all you do. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...