Thursday 27 September 2018

Today Reminder (Why me) – 27 September 2018


A reminder for today
But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. (Psalm 59:16)

Why me Lord, what have I ever done to deserve even one of the blessings I've known. I love this song and every time I hear it I think about my Grandma (my Mom’s mother) in her last days fighting with cancer. She used to listen to this song all the time even when she was in terrible pain. She was a rock in her faith and a true example of how we should have faith. Both she and my Grandfather played a huge role in my life as a child, but unfortunately, I lost my grandfather when I was still very young. 

Today I am there. What have I ever done to deserve the grace and mercy that God has shown me? I have lived a life that I am not proud of and it took a number of huge bumps to get me where I am now. The amazing thing is that God has been with me through it all. Even when I pushed Him away and fell victim to desire, He still stayed with me and He still guided me. His love and grace overwhelm me, and I am in awe today of the amazing mercies I have been given.

Now this is amazing grace and unfailing love that He took my place on that cross. I have been in a pit of despair the last few weeks knowing that things at home is in chaos. My whole being has been affected and I could feel the enemy laughing, because I have finally lost. I felt like the biggest loser in the world and believe me the enemy made sure that I was reminded of my mistakes over and over again. 

But this week the Lord came, and He just pulled me out of it. He made me realise that I am stronger because He is with me and He is bigger than this. He made me calm and gave me peace as He confirmed again that it is in His hands and He will not let the enemy have his way. No matter what happens I will be fine, and I will not be broken by this. In me lives and awesome and amazing God and if He was able to do what He did with me, imagine what He will do in the days to come. 

So, I am not afraid anymore and I expect the worst to happen soon, but I know now that I am in His hands and so is my children. We will be safe, and we will overcome this. So, I will sing of His power and I will sing of His mercy for He is my refuge and my defence in days like these. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...