Wednesday 5 September 2018

Today Reminder (Unseen) – 5 September 2018


A reminder for today
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

I woke up this morning to go to the gym and everything was very quiet in the house. We had a power failure again. As far as I can see the power went off before midnight and it is still off. Welcome to Africa. I believe it is sabotage again, because if one good one stands against the masses they always retaliate. This is classic ANC and EFF syndrome. They can’t get the DA out of office in Pretoria, so they sabotage them. Little people.

Paul reminds me again today that it is not about the things we see, but the unseen things of eternity. When I get frustrated and irritated by what is happening here in South Africa I am always reminded that this is not important. It is not about this world, but it is all about Jesus. 

You see we have to remember that this world that we see is all temporary and despite all the hate and murder and terrible things that happen around us for control off this temporary world, it is still just temporary and not important. It is difficult to see the enemy use people to hurt and destroy and how blind people are for what is actually happening. It is almost as if the whole moral compass does not exist when you see what evil truly looks like. For a Christian this is hard to understand. 

So, I find myself challenged a lot lately and I can tell you the enemy is hard at work to pull me down and make me fall. Unfortunately for him I am a child of God and my life belongs to Jesus Christ. I have been bought and saved by the blood of my saviour on the cross and I continue to pray for my enemies and all you, my dear friends. 

We may struggle to understand why, and we may not see God’s plan, but one day we will see and understand. “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” (1 Corinthians 13:12)

One day we will see and understand, but now we need to focus on the things that is unseen and carry the gospel with us so that we can lead people to Jesus and encourage those that are going through hardships and challenges. 

We must not give up now, but rather fight harder. We must stand up and unite in prayer for our people and for all Christians all over the world. We must not forget that Jesus is coming again, and we should be ready at all times. Clear you mind of all the bad and negative and focus on that which we are promised by God. He will save us, and He will return. Stand strong and be courageous and pray.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...