Thursday 2 May 2013

Today Reminder - 02 May 2013 (Remind)



A reminder for today
Now stand here quietly before the LORD as I remind you of all the great things the LORD has done for you and your ancestors. (1 Samuel 12:7)

I just love that verse. Samuel, maybe still a little upset that the people wanted a king and not God to be their only king, took this moment to remind the people of how good God has been to them. I can just see that in my own life. I find myself too often dwelling on things we need that I seem to have forgotten all the good that I already have.

My dear friend, I feel that the Lord just wants me to remind you today that you have a lot that you should be grateful for. We can so easily stare ourselves blind in things that we want but that we do not really need. I so often look at people in those extreme expensive cars and wonder how much of that is actually needed and how much of a difference could that money have made in the life a poor child, or a lonely poor person in an old age home. 

Sometimes the tiniest amount can save a life, and sometime being grateful for what we have by giving to those that God needs us to help, will change us for the better. Not having the best, but being able to save a life is far more valuable than all the treasure in the world.

For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' (Matthew 25:35-36)

Come and let us thank God for all He has done for us as we continue to follow His Word.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...