Wednesday 15 May 2013

Today Reminder - 15 May 2013 (Focussed)



A reminder for today
He picked up five smooth stones from a stream and put them into his shepherd's bag. Then, armed only with his shepherd's staff and sling, he started across the valley to fight the Philistine. (1 Samuel 17:40)

I thought about David yesterday, walking up to this giant of a man. I wondered if he was afraid and if the adrenalin pumped through his little body as he approached Goliath, and then I realised that David was peaceful and focussed. He knew that the fight did not depend on his own ability, but that God was in control. He knew that God would rescue him from this just as He had done so many times before. He knew that nothing is impossible for God and that the outcome of this battle will glorify God’s name.

So I also thought about you my dear friend, walking into this day with all that lies ahead of you and I wondered how prepared are you and how focused you are. Do you have peace in your heart or is the blood rushing through your veins driven by stress and this fast passed world we live in. I felt this inner need to pray for you for today, so here is my prayer as the Holy Spirit guided me:

I pray that you will feel a sense of peace come over you today as the Holy Spirit lifts you up and carries you through this day. I pray that you will have David’s faith and that you will see your storms as David saw Goliath. I pray that you will feel adequately armed even when you have not enough to be victorious and that your trust will be in God as David trusted Him. I pray that God will deliver your challenges in your hands and that you will bring glory to God in defeating them. I pray that you will be a true warrior for God in every moment of every day. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...