Thursday 9 May 2013

Today Reminder - 09 May 2013 (Anointed)



A reminder for today
So Jesse sent for him. He was dark and handsome, with beautiful eyes.  And the LORD said, "This is the one; anoint him." So as David stood there among his brothers, Samuel took the flask of olive oil he had brought and anointed David with the oil. And the Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon David from that day on. Then Samuel returned to Ramah. (1 Samuel 16:12-13)

You just have to love this moment. David, the youngest and smallest brother, not even at home for Samuel to choose from and the one no one would thought would be king, is the one that God chooses. I can just see David’s surprise as he stood there among his brothers. They must all have been stunned for a moment. Can you just see the amazing work of God in this moment: Jesse (David’s father) was the son of Obed who was the son of Ruth, and Samuel was the son of Hannah, who could not have children. Here are two of God’s miracles at one place, bringing God’s plan into action. Samuel took the flask of olive oil he had brought and anointed David with the oil.

My dear friend, there are those moments in life when we are stunned by God’s work. I look at my life and I can just see them as they fell into place bringing me to where I am now. I am in awe of the amazing work that God does in our lives. How wonderful is this Father of us and how great is His love. I can just feel the Holy Spirit shouting from within me to tell you that you are so special to Him and that His plan with your life has just begun. My dear and wonderful friend, when you look into the mirror today see how God is anointing you as the one He is going to use to bring His plans into position. You are so important in this great and wonderful world. Rise, son and daughter of God for your life have just begun.

For the sake of the world, bring out the fire in me. Light a flame in my soul for every eye to see. (Bethel)

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...