Wednesday 22 May 2013

Today Reminder - 22 May 2013 (Advocate)



A reminder for today
May the LORD therefore judge which of us is right and punish the guilty one. He is my advocate, and he will rescue me from your power!" (1 Samuel 24:15)

Saul was determined to kill David and hunted him for a long time. Finally when David had the chance to kill Saul he did not and spared the king’s life. "The LORD forbid that I should do this to my lord the king and attack the LORD's anointed one, for the LORD himself has chosen him." (Verse 6) 

David calls out to Saul and says that the Lord is his advocate and the Lord will rescue him. This is such a powerful verse. A million things ran through my mind when I read this, but one stood out. I see the devil accusing us before God and I see Jesus standing up in this court and defend us. I see the Lord rescuing us from the evil plans of the enemy.
My dear friend, when you walk out today into this world remember that the Lord is your advocate. He looks at the heart and he sees us different than what the world sees us. He is your defender and your rescuer. He will lift you up from the ground and restore your place. He will wash away all the bad and dry away all the evil. He will take you and make you a warrior victorious and strong. He will renew your spirit and take away your pain. 

But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy mountain. I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me. I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side. (Psalm 3:3-6)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...