Tuesday 7 May 2013

Today Reminder - 07 May 2013 (Mistakes)



A reminder for today
Now the LORD said to Samuel, "You have mourned long enough for Saul. I have rejected him as king of Israel, so fill your flask with olive oil and go to Bethlehem. Find a man named Jesse who lives there, for I have selected one of his sons to be my king." (1 Samuel 16:1)

Before we look at the new king of Israel, I just want to end of with Saul. I thought about Saul yesterday and how he had so much going for him, yet he continued to make the wrong choices. It seemed as if he rejected the voice of the Lord and followed his own head.

Have you ever felt like that? Did you make a wrong choice and felt that you did not listen to God’s voice in your heart and instead followed your own head? I know I have. I have been there and burned my hands, because I did not wait on God to show me the correct way, but instead followed my own head. I suppose this brings a time when we feel a little alone, almost as if we are embarrassed to speak to God.

My dear friend, God loves you just the way you are and no matter what your mistakes are, you are still just as important to Him, as you were before. We learn by making mistakes and God surely knows this. Sometimes God will allow us to make mistakes so that we can grow. God allowed Saul many mistakes, but Saul did not want to learn. Open your heart to God’s guidance and allow Him to teach you when you make mistakes. And most important – mistakes should not push us away from God. They should pull us closer.

And if you ever thought yourself to be a mistake, my dear friend, there is no such thing. You are part of God’s plan. God can take what the enemy planned for evil and turn it into good. So your mistakes can end up changing your heart or even the hearts of those in your life – just listen, hear, obey and follow.  

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.  

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...