Tuesday 2 July 2013

Today Reminder - 02 July 2013 (Here I am)



A reminder for today
And a voice said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?" (1 Kings 19:13)

The Lord asked Elijah why he ran away. Elijah replied "I have zealously served the LORD God Almighty. But the people of Israel have broken their covenant with you, torn down your altars, and killed every one of your prophets. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me, too."

Elijah fled for his life and as a result ended up in Mount Sinai. God gave Elijah instructions and one of them was to anoint Elisha to replace him as God’s prophet. I kept thinking about this yesterday and specifically the question “What are you doing here?”
 
This question kept popping up in my mind and I kept thinking about my existence and your existence here on God’s earth. I guess it started with the loss of a very young family member where I realised that our time here with each other are not nearly as long as we think. Every minute we have is a moment given by God in grace and every minute we waste concerning ourselves with the materialistic things of this world is a moment wasted. How many times do we waste a chance to show God to someone else when instead we are either angry or upset or we allow emotions to control us? 

My dear friend, I can see how easy it is too loose focus when I just look at my own struggles. We are here to live for Jesus and in that we are here to lead people to Jesus. I commit today to not let the world influence me but instead I commit to only let Jesus influence me as I once more humbly ask Him for forgiveness and wisdom so that I can live with my true purpose, and that is to glorify Him in all that I do.

Come with me today my dearest friend and let us spend more time loving and more time caring, because our time together could be shorter than we think. So when asked this question again “What are you doing here?” you can answer with certainty that it is all about God.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...