Monday 1 July 2013

Today Reminder - 01 July 2013 (Gentle)



A reminder for today
"Go out and stand before me on the mountain," the LORD told him. And as Elijah stood there, the LORD passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And a voice said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?" (1 Kings 19:11-13)

God is not in the storm, not is He in the earthquake. He is in the gentle breeze. Wow! Wow! Wow! I had to read these verses a few times. God is just awesome! It is such a blessing to return from a nice little break away in the Kruger National Park. I have two favourites. I love the beauty and tranquillity of the Kruger National Park and then I love the sound of waves and air of the ocean. Jip, the tranquillity of the bush and the relaxing rhythm of the ocean is my most favourite places. When you think about it, we typically expect God to be in the midst of the storm when He so easily can be in the quiet moments.

I have this deep sense and desire that we just meet God today in the quiet moments. In the gentle breeze that will bring peace and harmony over your day. God wants to spend time with you and He so much desires a constant relationship with you where He will be your number one, your favourite place, your heart’s desire and your best friend. 

I want to end with this question: "What are you doing here?” 

I am here to honour You Father and to bring glory to your name. I am here to live every moment so that the world around me can see that I worship a living God. I am here to see you in the storm and in the earthquakes of my life, but more so am I here to see you in the quiet moments when the storms are over. I am here to be with You in those quiet moments as I glorify your name for the peaceful moments we have when you lift us out of the troubled times. I am here, because you want me to be here. I am, because You are.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...