Friday 12 July 2013

Today Reminder - 12 July 2013 (Never leave)



A reminder for today
And Elijah said to Elisha, "Stay here, for the LORD has told me to go to Bethel." But Elisha replied, "As surely as the LORD lives and you yourself live, I will never leave you!" So they went down together to Bethel. (2 Kings 2:2)

I just love that about Elisha. The bond that was between him and Elijah had grown to this amazing friendship that kept them together. Elisha standing in the shadow of this amazing prophet shows so much strength in his character and it is in this that we see clearly why God had chosen Elisha as the one to take Elijah’s place.

I am thinking about the part “I will never leave you”. In this scripture that stood out in this verse and so I was wondering about friendship and if you feel that way about your friend, but what the Lord is turning my attention to and what He wants you to take out of this is the fact that the Lord will never leave you.

My dear friend, I feel that I have to remind you about this today. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you." (Deut 31:8) I do not know what is happening in your life and where you stand with the Lord and what is about to happen, but what I do know and I say this from my own experience. The Lord is with you and He wants you to know that. You are not alone in this struggle nor will you ever be. He will keep you standing, He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps (Psalm 121:3-4).

Come with me today as we proclaim to the world that the Lord our God is with us and He is an almighty God. There is no more fear, no more worries and no more pain. He is the creator of the universe, the one who made you and me. He stands beside us and He will carry us through. 

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...