Wednesday 24 July 2013

Today Reminder - 24 July 2013 (Man of God)



A reminder for today
One day a man from Baal-shalishah brought the man of God a sack of fresh grain and twenty loaves of barley bread made from the first grain of his harvest. Elisha said, "Give it to the people so they can eat." (2 Kings 4:42)

There was famine in the land as Elisha told the man from Baal-shalishah to give the food to the people. God did another amazing miracle through Elisha by making the food enough for everyone so that there was left overs.

Scripture often refers to Elisha as “The man of God” and this is something that made me think yesterday. You see we are Christians but are we “All-the-time Christians” or are we “Part-time Christians”. Two scriptures came to my mind:

"I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! (Revelation 3:15-16)

"Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me. (Matthew 12:30)

As I was driving to work I was thinking how people do not have time for each other anymore. They seem angry all the time and they only seem to think about themselves. We go to church on Sunday but on Monday we live a life contradicting the message Jesus gave and how He wants us to live. When people look at you will they say that this is a man/woman of God or will they miss the fact that you are a Christian? 

My dear friend, this is our challenge. To live a life that reflects our beliefs. To treat people as Jesus wants us to treat them and to be full-time warm Christians. God does not like a lukewarm Christian and Jesus clearly states that you either for Him or against Him. There is no in-between Christian. Surely you do your work correct so why not live your life correct. Come with me as we change our ways and focus our eyes on Jesus so that we can mirror His image to the world so the world will see us as a man/woman of God.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...