Friday 3 January 2014

Today Reminder – 03 January 2014 (Day 3 – A New Horizon)



A reminder for today
So the LORD blessed Job in the second half of his life even more than in the beginning.  Then he died, an old man who had lived a long, full life. (Job 42:12 and 17)

Looking ahead at the new horizons that await us we know that there are more challenges on our journey. Each new day holds in a new challenge. God put Job through many trials - Then all his brothers, sisters, and former friends came and feasted with him in his home. And they consoled him and comforted him because of all the trials the LORD had brought against him. And each of them brought him a gift of money and a gold ring. (Verse 11) What is interesting is that God spoke to Job after Job had made all his statements and the Lord asked Job - Then the LORD said to Job, "Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You are God's critic, but do you have the answers?" (Job 40:1-2)

Job’s final response was - "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you.” (Job 42:2)” I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.  I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance." (Verse 5-6)

Job went through all these trials and then God showed Him to Job which changed Job’s whole perspective. After he realised he made a mistake he repented and in that God restored him. I believe that God wants to show Himself to us in this year so that we can finally be still and know He is God. It is in the midst of our new horizons that God will be made visible to us so that we too can stop and say but now I have seen you with my own eyes. 

God blessed Job - When Job prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes. In fact, the LORD gave him twice as much as before!  (Verse 10) I believe that in this year God will restore us and we will be twice as much as what we were before. God will take care of all our needs and we will have more than we can ever imagine. God will be more than visible to us, He will be clear to us in everything and we will know that He is God and this will take our relationship with God to an entire new level.

My dear friend, I look forward to the new horizons that lie ahead of us.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...