Tuesday 21 January 2014

Today Reminder – 21 January 2014 (Day 15 – A New Horizon)



A reminder for today
God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow. You have given me your shield of victory. Your right hand supports me; your help has made me great. You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping. (Psalm 18:32-36)

In every new horizon we are met with difficulty and troubled times. Have you felt that this new horizon is so quickly upon you and that your defences are broken by the enemy as their attacks continue to hammer down on you? Do you feel that you are failing at the new challenges that lie ahead and that you can’t seem to get it right?

I seem to be there. I have had these great ideas of taking on this year with a new way of life and new determination to better things, and here I am half way through month one losing the battle and feeling like a failure.

I looked back yesterday at what I wanted to achieve and where I am right now and it almost seems as if every step I take forward I have taken two backwards. The road I saw at the beginning of this year now seems impossible to travel on and I wonder where it went wrong. My path that I followed now looks like a mountain that I cannot cross.

I looked up at the Lord and questioned my results and desperately seeking advice and help. I felt like I have lost the battle and that I am standing in the midst of the fight just taking the hits and not knowing what to do. It feels like a losing battle.

So the Lord answers: He will arm me with strength. He will make my way perfect. He will make me as surefooted as a deer enabling me to stand on this mountain. He will train my hands for battle so that I can defend myself in this lost battle. He strengthens my arm so that I can fight and He has given me His shield so that I can block the blows. He supports me and He will make my path wide so that I will not slip and fall again.

Slowly I stand up in the pouring rain lifting my head in the midst of this battle. I look ahead at the road that awaits me and I have no more fear. 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...