Thursday 30 January 2014

Today Reminder – 30 January 2014 (Day 22 – A New Horizon)



A reminder for today
Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress. My problems go from bad to worse. Oh, save me from them all! (Psalm 25:16-17)

The burden of life and bad choices can weigh heavy on our lives. When your problems start to slam against you like waves hitting a ship in the midst of a storm, you can feel how every bid of energy is drained from your body. You are plagued by physical and emotional exhaustion and sometimes we hit rock bottom as we sink due to the continuous amount of problems that stuns our world.

David cries out to the Lord to have mercy and save him. He feels alone in deep distress and his problems seem to escalate. Then David writes in verse 20: Protect me! Rescue my life from them! Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge.

The Lord is our refuge in the storms of life. He will be our shelter when we feel alone and our problems seem endless. I wrote to you once that we should not tell God how big our problems are, but we should tell our problems how big our God is.

When you feel that you cannot go on anymore, get down on your knees and fight this battle like a man. God will renew your strength and lift you out of this pit of despair. He will calm the storms and dry away the rain. He will warm you soul with His light and break the chains of life that hampers your progress.

He is God and there is no other. I give my life to you. I trust in you, my God! Do not let me be disgraced, or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat. No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced. (Verse 1-3)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...