Tuesday 1 July 2014

Today Reminder – 01 July 2014 (Day 01 – War)



A reminder for today
O Sovereign LORD, the strong one who rescued me, you protected me on the day of battle. (Psalm 140:7)

Captain’s log – Day 1 

The battle rages on as I stand in a distance. My ship overlooks the core of the battle where our fighters are overwhelmed by a very well prepared enemy. I feel fear and concern taking the place of previous guts and glory battle preparations. Why did we come here? Why did I think we can take on an enemy that has withstood so many other enemies before us? They come from a long line of warriors and their blood thirsty commander is the worst of all enemies anyone can take on. I must have been out of my mind to take on this assignment. For our future they said. For the survival or our people they said. We must defeat this enemy on their own ground before they enter our galaxy. 

As I watch my men being pushed back time and time again I feel frozen to the very floor of my ship and a numb feeling of lost has taken the place of a proud and decorated soldier. I have no idea how we will survive today….

Our theme this month is “war” for we are at war each day. We are constantly attacked by the enemy with a soul purpose to destroy us. How is your war my friend? How are you coping with the attacks launched on you every day?

Jesus wants you to know that He is the one that rescued you and He is the one that is protecting you in your battles. All that He asks of you today is that you remember this and know it with a faithful heart.

Trust in me, Jesus says.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...