Friday 7 August 2015

Today Reminder – 07 August 2015 (Day 5 – You)



A reminder for today
"I, yes I, am the one who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear? Yet you have forgotten the LORD, your Creator, the one who stretched out the sky like a canopy
and laid the foundations of the earth. Will you remain in constant dread of human oppressors? Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies? Where is their fury and anger now? It is gone!” (Isaiah 51:12-13)

Yes I, am the one who comforts you…

Comfort is a security and feeling of relieve. Security in the sense of being protected from evil and relieve being that feeling when your fear was completely unnecessary. Where do you seek comfort, my friend? Where do you go when you ae at the end of your strength?

I love to wake up early and iron the clothes I washed the day before. You see my boys stay over twice a week and when we get home I put them in the bath and wash their clothes. In the morning I wake up early and iron those clothes and I find that this quite time can be quite comforting. I always joke and say that there is many voices in my head, but funny thing is when I stand and iron I almost feels real when I think about all the things that is done and still needs to be done. I find myself coming up with solutions for difficult tasks at work and I make lists of things I still need to do. This time alone is almost my comfort time and time when I can truly feel the Lord’s presence as I listen to the boys sleeping in the next room. Sometimes I think that this small moment in the morning is the most perfect time I have all day.

My comfort is the Lord. He is my place where I hide and show my true emotions. He is my security and my relive and a little time with Him relaxes me completely, for in that time I renew my faith and place unquestionable trust in His will and His way.

It is in this complete expectance that I can find freedom and light for my darkness. so today I want to challenge you, not to wake up early and iron, but take a moment and ask God to give you this comfort, for I will fear none, because He is with me.

Seek your comfort in Him, my friend.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...