Monday 24 August 2015

Today Reminder – 24 August 2015 (Day 15 – You)



A reminder for today
I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels. (Isaiah 61:10)

Saturday I took my son to the movies. We went and watched the new “Ant Man” movie, because he is a huge Avenger fan and loves the series. On our way he asked me why we have taxis’. Now for a moment I was a typical sceptic and was on my way to tell him I have no idea, because they are terrible. Now I have to give you a little back ground on the subject. If you live in South Africa the word “Mini Bus Taxi” will make you hot under the collar and put you in immediate attack mode. You see they are the rebels of the road. Most of their vehicles are not road worthy and they have no regard for the other motorist on the road not mentioning that they have no regard for traffic rules. The would pass you over a red light, stop at a green light, pass illegally on the side of the road over the walk way and to top it all they will force their way into an already backed up traffic jam just to do another illegal thing. Yes you can say every motorist is a little sick of their way of driving. Now if you ever visit South Africa I would recommend that you make use of another way of transportation if you wish to reach your destination in one peace, yet thousands of South Africans make use of this system on a daily basis. 

So this is were I pause in my answer to my son and I gave it a moment of thought. So I answered him like this:

We are truly blessed to have a car. You see there are many people that cannot afford to buy a car and they have to make use of public transport. Now busses are a great way to travel but they are huge and have set times and routes and there are not as many of them as there is taxis’. Some people have to travel far to get to work and they have to a number of routes,  which means that they have to travel making use of more than one taxi and finally they have to get of a taxi rank and walk the last few miles to their homes. This means they have to wake up very early and they get home quite late. Although we do not know them there are thousands making their way from their homes to work and back by using a taxi. Taxis are smaller and because of their disregard for traffic rules they get you to work much faster than a bus and you can almost always find one. It is just important to take the right one, which at times can be a challenge. 

So you see, I pick you up at school and we go to the shops getting the groceries we need and we drive to our home and we walk into the door, while somebody must travel miles in a taxi and finally walk home each day of their lives. This made me look with different eyes at these rebels of the roads and their passengers. It made me realize just how blessed we are and how little we have to complain about and yet we complain. We are ungrateful and we get angry if we must give up a little of our comfort for a moment, while other have no choice but to stand on the side of the road in a huge queue waiting for the next taxi, which could mean you have to wait for a long time because with you there are a lot of other who also make use of the same transport and this could leave you standing beside that road for a very long time as other drive past you in their expensive cars not even giving you a sympathetic glance.

We live each day past each other and we see only ourselves. I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...