Wednesday 26 August 2015

Today Reminder – 26 August 2015 (Day 17 – You)



A reminder for today
I will tell of the LORD's unfailing love. I will praise the LORD for all he has done. I will rejoice in his great goodness to Israel, which he has granted according to his mercy and love. (Isaiah 63:7)

What makes us argue and fight? Is it our stubbornness to not see someone else’s way or is it our selfishness to seek only our own need and what we require? Do we look at people and circumstances through the eyes of Jesus or do we only know Him when we need Him? Do we stand and praise Him in the church and then forget Him when we do not get our way and or when we are upset?

I am very sensitive to the way people talk to me and I must admit a slight change in your voice triggers my misconception and normally ends in an argument. It is something I need to work on, but I guess in every person there are faults and we all can’t be perfect all the time. The only solution is to meet each other half way. if we do not agree we must always seek a middle way that allows both parties to get a portion of what they need. Sometimes we must give in a little more, but this does not mean we will lose that part. Somewhere in the future that little you gave more will be returned to you in tenfold.

God loves us and when we seek the understanding ear and agreeing heart of a friend, we seek an ally in our pain. Does God not love us more and does He not have more grace than our best friend? Do not turn away from God, my friend, but run towards Him. When we find ourselves in an heated argument, we should stop for a moment and ask God what He would want us to do and how would He want us to react. Just remember that Jesus gave His life for you and that is the extent of His love. Should we not do the same?

I will tell of the LORD's unfailing love. I will praise the LORD for all he has done.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...