Tuesday 11 August 2015

Today Reminder – 11 August 2015 (Day 7 – You)



A reminder for today
But it was the LORD's good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin,
he will have many descendants. He will enjoy a long life, and the LORD's good plan will prosper in his hands. (Isaiah 53:10)

True beauty shines from within. Today my life is a crumbling dune in a sand storm that is blown to pieces and scattered all over the dessert. I feel the weight of my past crushing down on me and I can barely breathe. When I open my mouth for air it is filled with the sand of my mistakes and I am pulled back into my darkness. They say friendship is one of the most powerful bonds we can have and a friend will always stand by your side regardless the mistakes you have made or still makes.

I have been blinded by my own selfishness and in this process I missed my true friends. Yesterday when I spoke to the one person that should never forgive me I found compassion instead of hatred. I was stunned to realise that it is not the outside that makes us beautiful, but the very heart of who we are. In many ways we are driven by our selfishness and we are often misguided by that to hurt instead of understanding. We get angry when we do not get our way and in most cases we are fighting against the will of God. So by hurting other in our own selfish nature, we are actually condemning ourselves. 

We are what we eat, but we are also what we think and say. When we swear and say hurtful things to other we are showing our real self and if we do not realise in that moment that we are just polluting our own souls by allowing hate to take the place of compassion, then we have failed.

I have failed so many times that I think it will take two life times to restore my mistakes. The Lord reminds us today that it is not about us and we are not able to climb this mountain on our own. It was God’s plan to give His only Son and I must tell you I understand that act of love more today than ever before. My hands shake when I look up at that cross, because the blood that pours down that cross is for me and I see the hurt in His eyes and I realise that I am causing that. And above all of my mistakes, He still smiles down at me knowing that in this single act of love, He will rescue me and you.

You are free, my friend. Every journey starts at the beginning, but sometimes we have to stop and start again. Sometimes the mountain is impossible to cross now, but later when we are better prepared, it will be easier. Or sometimes when we have rested, we will have more strength to succeed.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...