Friday 28 August 2015

Today Reminder – 28 August 2015 (Day 19 – You)



A reminder for today
My hands have made both heaven and earth; they and everything in them are mine. I, the LORD, have spoken!
"I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my word.” (Isaiah 66:2)

I woke up this morning and I lay for a moment listening at the quiet night and the city noises around me. I could hear my boys sleeping in the next room and I was filled with content. I waited for a moment as if I was waiting for you Lord. I have many questions, yet my answers are still evading me. I have many concerns and yet I fear the outcomes. I have many regrets yet I know you forgave them and I have many problems yet you are in control of all of them. 

I got up and covered my boys and stood there for a moment looking at them as they slept so peacefully. I know that their hearts is in your hands yet I worry about those tiny hearts. I went on and had my morning shake as I waited for the tumble dryer to end so that I can iron our clothes.

I stood there in that quiet semi dark kitchen and I felt you Lord as you placed your hand on me. I felt your calm grace covering me like I covered my sons with their blankets. I felt that my soul relaxed and peaceful as they were. I felt your presence and I was overwhelmed again at the wonder of your love.

I know I am yours just as they are yours and I am in awe of you Lord. I carried on and prepared their lunch boxes and the things they needed for school until my youngest finally woke up.

I am excited at your plans for me Lord even though I have no idea what awaits me; I know we will be great.

I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my word.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...