Thursday 11 February 2016

Today Reminder – 11 February 2016



A reminder for today
Above this surface was something that looked like a throne made of blue lapis lazuli. And on this throne high above was a figure whose appearance resembled a man. From what appeared to be his waist up, he looked like gleaming amber, flickering like a fire. And from his waist down, he looked like a burning flame, shining with splendour. All around him was a glowing halo, like a rainbow shining in the clouds on a rainy day. This is what the glory of the LORD looked like to me. When I saw it, I fell face down on the ground, and I heard someone's voice speaking to me. (Ezekiel 1:26-28)

When Moses asked God to show him His glory, God said to Moses that now man will see His face and live so God sheltered Moses while He passed by so that he will only see the back of God. Reading theses verses from Ezekiel just reminded me who God is and I realize that we have no idea how BIG our God is and we have no idea what He is really like.

Moses responded, "Then show me your glorious presence." The LORD replied, "I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one may see me and live." The LORD continued, "Look, stand near me on this rock. As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and let you see me from behind. But my face will not be seen." (Exodus 33:18-23)

After reading this again I am filled with enormous respect for God and who He is. This is the God that loves us so much that He gave His son for our sins. This magnificent and wondrous God that surpasses our intellect desires to spend time with us. Who are we that we even think God is like us, that we can stand fearless of His wrath. Who are we? 
I feel like falling to my knees and humbling myself again before Him. I feel that I need to fear Him more and respect who He is more than ever. This awesome God is the God that stands beside us and holds us in His hands. I have no fear anymore of anything this world can throw at me. My God is way bigger than this little world we live in. I look up and I seek Him now more than ever.

Lord, let us see just a little of your glory today so that we can get a faint idea of your magnitude. We desire more of you with every breath. Break the chains of our own misconceptions and let us truly understand who you are. In Jesus name.

Let every knee bow down and every voice declare that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...