Monday 8 February 2016

Today Reminder – 08 February 2016



A reminder for today
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

I find myself in an uncertain time where I feel that I keep fighting against a wall that does not want to fall. I don’t know if you have ever felt this way. You keep fighting for something to change and it doesn’t happen. It is as if I am bound by my arms and legs and I am trying to swim through a river. Just as I feel I am about to get some air I am pulled down again by the water. Some days I quit the fight, because I feel that I am in the wrong and I should let it go, but then where does that leave me. Do I accept my defeat and just give up, or do I continue and keep fighting even though I believe I am fighting something I cannot win.

You see it is our perspective that confuses us. This Sunday our Pastor gave me the nicest example of our misguided perspective. It is like walking through a maze. When you are in it you are lost and you cannot see the way out, because you are overwhelmed by the magnitude of something that is actually not so hard. The moment we get out of the maze and we get to see it from a higher point where we look out over it, we can see how easy it is to find our way out. God does not look at our lives from our perspective, He looks from His perspective and in His view there is always a way out because He made it for us. It is time we change our perspective and trust God for the outcome and believe that He has already created a way out for us. 

Now when you read this verse again note that you are not in the darkest valley, you are walking through it. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. 

You will never be stuck in your darkness, because God has a way out for you that will strengthen your faith and glorify His name.

Lord, let us trust you more with every moment. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...