Tuesday 5 September 2017

Today Reminder (Joyful) – 5 September 2017

A reminder for today
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. (Psalm 5:11)

It is a beautiful spring morning and I loved waking up to a full moon. A large full moon shined brightly over the night and as walked out this morning to go to the gym I was in awe of this wonder that God made. It filled me with joy, because in its beauty it echoes the existence of an almighty God and creator of all. As I drove down the moon lit streets I thought about my last posts and how I try to give you more and more evidence that you can use or just increase your own faith. To me God has always been a reality and in my life, I have seen His hand and His miracles more than once, so He has always been real to me. I have never doubted His existence, so it is hard for me to understand how anyone can be an atheist. 

I have not always walked a perfect path and I made many mistakes, yet I always found myself tuning back to God and asking for forgiveness. My human or rather worldly nature has gotten the better of me in more than one occasion, but each time God picked me up and cleaned me and restored me. So, to me He is as real as you. Today, I am the father of two amazing little boys and God has done some amazing changes in me to make me who I am and who I am going to be. He is my joy and I put my trust in Him. I will shout out in joy, because He defends me and He protects and guides me. He is my God and every day I am in a learning process to become the person He wants me to be. Yesterday I sat on my bed and though that this Christian stuff is really hard. I have no idea how I am ever going to be like Jesus. 

It takes one wrong word, or one arrogant driver, or one foolish remark, or one challenge, or one lie from the enemy and I lose the way. I get irritated, upset and angry. I say the wrong thing and I do the wrong thing. I show me where I was supposed to show Jesus. I act on my own direction and not the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I make mistakes and I fall. Yes, God still comes and He still picks me up and the Holy Spirit reminds me of my mistakes. God still believes in me and gives me strength and helps me to get up and start again. He never stops believing in me so why would I ever stop believing and trusting Him? He is my joy, because without Him I am nothing.

Lord, thank you for your love and grace and above all, thank you that you never give up on us. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...