Friday 1 September 2017

Today Reminder (Spring) – 1 September 2017

A reminder for today
I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. (Psalm 3:5)

Happy Spring Day South Africa! I must tell you I slept like two logs last night. I think I must have been mere seconds from lying down to sleep time for me. I woke minutes before my alarm went off, so I slept like a rock. I think not even a bomb would’ve woken me last night. This week/month has been hard on us so far and we still have two more left of nonstop development and changes. I look forward to this release – it is going to be awesome.

Every morning I wake up I always have that distinct feeling of gratitude, because another day is added to my life in the grace and love of God. The Lord sustained me (made me live) as I wake for another day. The question is: What are we going to do with this day? How are we going to take on this day and what are our expectations and what is God’s expectations? 

Here is how I want to live today (possible – I hope):

I want to be happy and joyous. I want to share my freedom in Jesus Christ with everyone. I want to take every challenge and let God be glorified in it. I want to do my work with diligence and perfection so that God’s hand can be clearly seen in it. I want to help and give to those in need and I want to share the gospel with them. I want to live righteous and with godliness so that I will bring honour to the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I want to be the Bible to those who does not have one yet. I want to end this day with my family and share in God’s love as we prepare for sleep. I want to spend time with my loved ones and do everything for Jesus. I want to accept other and see them as God sees them and I want to bring spring into everyone’s everyday life. All for the glory of God. 

It is going to be a long day, but we can attempt most of them and touch hearts and lives. In the end, it is not what we are able to do, but what we can do through Jesus Christ. And that is unlimited. 

Lord, let us be your light and voice in this day as we bring you to all we meet and know through our way of life. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...