Friday 24 November 2017

Today Reminder (Black Friday) – 24 November 2017



A reminder for today
The plans and reflections of the heart belong to man, But the [wise] answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are clean and innocent in his own eyes [and he may see nothing wrong with his actions], But the Lord weighs and examines the motives and intents [of the heart and knows the truth]. Commit your works to the Lord [submit and trust them to Him], And your plans will succeed [if you respond to His will and guidance]. (Proverbs 16:1-3)

We watch as the world rushes to the stores in the hope of buying something at a cheaper price. It is amazing how the shopping centres are flooded with bargain hungry customers standing in queues and running around from shop to shop. I do not know what to say to that. My opinion is that it is just a publicity stunt to fool you into buying things you might not need after all. I am just not the type of person that will stand in a massive queue and buy something that I do not really need for a better price. I would rather save a little more and buy what I actually need. When comes to clothes and shoes I am very picky, and I do not just buy anything. I don’t really wear branded expensive clothes and the most expensive shirt I own was a gift. So, to me it is something that is not so important, and I believe you either except me the way I am or not. 

We may think that we are doing everything right and in our eyes, we may seem innocent, but God examines the actual motives and intents. He looks at your heart and sees the truth of your intensions. We are currently reading about David and Goliath before we go to bed and my son loves this whole event. You see God looked at David’s heart and He saw the commitment and faith that David had. God knew that David knew He will always be with him and protect him. You see this in David’s words when he confronted the giant Goliath. David said “You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have taunted. This day the Lord will hand you over to me, and I will strike you down and cut off your head.”

Now there is no fear and complete faith in those words. David knew God will defeat his enemy and show His glory by letting a child kill a giant. This is almost like a fairy tale, but the difference is that in this act David showed his faith and his heart and God stepped in a did something remarkable.
Therefore, it is not who or what you are or what you have or what you wear or where you live or what you drive, it is what your heart shows to God and the rest is history.

Lord, fill us with your Spirit and give us a pure and faithful heart that desires to do your will and bring glory to you. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...