Monday 20 November 2017

Today Reminder (Opinion) – 20 November 2017



A reminder for today
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory [and my honor], and the One who lifts my head. (Psalm 3:3)

Are you opinionated? You know, do you have opinions on other or stuff or even yourself? Our pastor asked the question yesterday “What do you think is God’s opinion of you?”. Now that is a question that made me think for a moment and I can easily see the enemy running with this one. You see what is God’s opinion about you, have you ever asked Him. Have ever considered what He thinks about you? And if you do, do you listen for His words or do you add some of your own?

Now, the enemy will definitely use this to get to you. You see the enemy wants you to think that God does not like you and that God is disappointed in you. In fact, the enemy wants you to think that God abandoned you and He does not want you. How easy is it to fill your mind with rubbish? It took me less than four sentences and you are already considering the worst. 

So, what does God think about you? Well let’s look at the obvious points, the ones we find in the Bible, because you see the enemy thinks we do not read or understand the Bible. He thinks that we forgot that in us lives an almighty God. He also assumes that we will not seek God’s advice on the issue at hand. You see, he practically thinks we are that stupid. 

Now, firstly (and I am repeating myself) Jesus died for you. He also said that there is no greater love than He that is willing to give His life for His friends. That places you in a whole new circle. You are a friend of Jesus and He loves you that much. God breathed life into you and He made you in His own image. In my eyes, you are a brand-new creation. The old has passed away; the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17). Sin is no longer your master, for you died to sin and are now alive to me (Romans 6:11; Ephesians 2:4–5). You’ve been saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8). You’ve been justified by faith (Romans 5:1). You are utterly secure in me; nothing will be able to separate you from my love in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:39). No one is able to snatch you out of my hand (John 10:29). And I will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).

You see God loves you and He only sees the best in you. He knows who you are and who you can be. He beliefs in you and He will never leave you and let you stand alone. You are so valuable to Him and He just wants to see you grow in your faith and get closer to Him.

Lord, we love you so much and we are so grateful for all that you do for us. Please open our eyes so that we can see how much you love us and hear you voice and understand that you see only the best in us. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...