Thursday 30 November 2017

Today Reminder (Confident) – 30 November 2017



A reminder for today
Though an army encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me,
Even in this I am confident. (Psalm 27:3)

I am sitting at work as we battle to finish the last of our release. I want to complain but I have no strength. We walked out of the office late last night and hopefully we can end it all today. We are tired and irritated and somehow it seems as if our company is not really bothered. So, I want to complain but I can’t. It is a beautiful day outside and we are blessed to have received rain over last few days. I am at a point where I have no idea what awaits us. We are heavily burdened with debt and we did not make our underpins so our bonuses are not going to be much this year. A sudden dip in income can have a significant impact on your life.

This morning I know the Lord sees my fears and burdens and He just blessed us with this awesome verse. When I read this, I have a picture in my head and I am going to try and show this picture to you in words.

I am standing in an open valley with dust all around me. In my hands are two swords and I am exhausted from the battle. As the dusts settles I can see an army approaching as the flags of their horse regiment slowly appears on the horizon. I wipe the sweat from my face and turn towards them. They are heavily armed as their armour glimmers in the mid-afternoon sun. I can feel the strength of the Lord flowing through me renewing my own strength and lifting me up. I rise confident and determined, because behind me lies the remainder of the previous army and I know if God could take me through that, He will deliver me through the next one.

I am confident that I will overcome the battles and challenges that awaits me in the last part of this year. I know the Lord will turn the bad around for His glory and we will see His blessings as we enter into this awesome time of the year.

To God be all the glory, because without Him I am nothing.

Lord, I thank you for all that you do for me and all the blessings we receive out of your hand. Please, be with us as we are facing new and difficult challenges. Come and rescue your people, Lord, and show us the way. Take away our fears and burdens and bless our finances. In Jesus name.  

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...